Monday, February 21, 2005

Snow

I love the snow but hate that we just can't cope with it in this country. Granted we don't get too much of the stuff but at least once a year a couple of centimeters of snow falls and the place grinds to a halt. I recently had to go to Sweden for work and although it didn't stop snowing for a week, the roads were clear, the pavements gritted and life went on as normal. I didn't land on my backside once.
So why over here can we not cope. Yes the councils do a good job but they could do better. And as for the people who carry on driving as they normally do, not thinking that slowing down might be appropriate, don't be complaining when you go sliding all over the road. But DO try and avoid me. Rant over and having said all that, I still love the snow as it gives me the excuse to 'work from home'! Time to put the kettle on.

No comments: