Thursday, January 04, 2007

2006

Been trying to write a review of the year for a few days but have pinched this instead.

What did you do in 2006 that you’ve never done before?
So many DIY things around the house that I would probably never have done had the wife not said ‘go on, have a go.’

Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Not sure I made any. I thought about it but couldn’t decide on anything.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yup – grandkid number 6 appeared early on in the year.

Did anyone close to you die?
No thank God.

Did you go anywhere special?
Not really – all our special times this year we spent at home.

What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Successful experiments at work.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my PhD. And plastering a wall.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Plenty of cuts and bruises working on the house but nothing serious.

What was the best thing you bought?
Our house!

Where did most of your money go?
On doing up the house.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting our house (is there a pattern emerging here?).

What song reminds you of 2006?
America by Razorlight

Compared to this time last year are you:
a. Happier or sadder?
Happier.
b. Thinner or fatter?
About the same.
c. Richer or poorer?
Richer – why I don’t miss being a student.

What do you wish you’d done more of?
Visiting family.

What do you wish you’d done less of?

Eating & drinking!

Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yes – with our house! And of course I love the wife more each day.

What was your favorite TV show?
Anything on the Gardening channel!

What was the best book you read?
Instruction books for flatpack furniture. I think I did read a novel back in the summer but I can’t remember what it was called.

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2006?
Don’t think I found anything new this year.

What did you want and get?
This house (getting a bit repetitive this)

What did you want and not get?
I think I got all I could have asked for this year.

What was your favorite film this year?
Have I seen any films this year? Certainly never made it to the cinema.

What did you do on your birthday?
Nothing much. Probably ate at my fave restaurant.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting my system working at work.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Mostly paint-splattered and when leaving the house the cleanest pair of jeans I could find.

What kept you sane?
The wife. Or is that who? If a who doesn't count then probably the escapism of pottering around the garden.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one comes to mind.

What political issue stirred you the most?
The campaign by the media to get rid of Blair really pissed me off.

Who did you miss?
My Dad. Time to bury the hatchet.

Who was the best new person you met?
New grandkid.

No comments: