Thursday, January 04, 2007

Starting All Over Again

So now that the holidays are over would someone please tell me what all the fuss was about for so many weeks before hand!

Christmas was nice and quiet, spent with my mum. Ate too much, drank to much... the usual. The only downside was going to friends for Christmas dinner meaning no left overs for Boxing day. The next few days I spent fighting off a virus to make sure that I was home in time to spend New Year with the wife. Again, New Year is usually a quiet affair, just the two of us and while last year was quite exciting when we thought the latest grandkid was about to appear (she didn't, she was born a few days later) this year was far more exciting.

We made an effort for each other, I even went so far as to put on the one dress I own (first time since a wedding April '05), opened a bottle of champagne and settled on the sofa. At about 11.10pm the wife headed off for nibbles in the kitchen and noticed something amiss in the back garden. It was the beloved greenhouse. While I thought it was well fastened down it would appear not well enough for the gales blowing that night. I would post photos but didn't have time to take any. In my best frock, in a gale there we were pulling apart what was left of the tangled frame and flapping plastic before it flew off again and damaged something other than the wifes lettuce.

The following morning and all that's left is the path. Next time I will use more concrete!

We flung the remains into the garage and made it back inside with 5 minutes before the bells, just enough time to wash the mud off ourselves. And what else could we do but laugh.

Happy New Year!

No comments: