Monday, July 10, 2006

Bits and bobs

So things are a little bit slow around here. Summer is here, work is busy,
the house needs 1001 things doing to it, the grass needs cutting and to top
it all off the wife bought me Flight Sim for my birthday last week. Hence
out of that list very little is getting done and most of my computer time is
now spent learning to fly. I'm still hoping one day to learn to fly the real
thing but for now this will do. My birthday passed virtually unnoticed this
year, which is the way I like it and unlike last year when those bastards
tried to blow up London, it was a quiet day. We went out for a meal at my
favourite restaurant and made it home nicely in time to change into PJs and
settle to watch Big Brother - I'm getting old! And while we're on the
subject of BB, I'm finding this series hard going since all the housemates
ever do is argue and I can't keep up with who has fall out with who at any
given time. Anyway, back in the real world about the only useful thing
achieved last week was stripping the fireplace back to its bare wood in
order to restore it to its former glory. Oh and the cucumbers are taking
over the greenhouse. Never let it be said that I don't lead an exciting
life!

No comments: