Thursday, April 20, 2006

19th April 2001

Last night I took the wife out for dinner to celebrate the last five years ('cos I'm a big old romantic like that). We went to a little Itallian on the sea front where the food is fantastic (especially after the rubbish we have had the last few times we have ventured out for food). I love it there but the wife had never been before. I knew she was impressed when she made a note of the sauce she had on her steak, promising to replicate it at home. The only downside was that they had no mussels - apparently it's something to do with the weather in Scotland? At least it gives us an excuse to go back when the weather is better. After being well fed and watered and a brief stroll along the prom (very brief - it's still only April) we made it home and promptly fell asleep on the sofa, waking up sometime later, her with a bad back and me with a stiff neck. If we struggle to stay awake now, I dread to think what we will be like after 25 years!

No comments: