Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ups and Downs

It was the wife's birthday a couple of weeks ago and I bought her (us) tickets to the football yesterday. It being the first saturday home game of the season with a whole new load of people in charge after last seasons relegation disaster I felt fairly optimistic that it would be a good result. After taking an early lead and scoring two goals they still lost 3-2. It just goes to show how much people expect that sort of result these days, the wife came away saying that she still thoroughly enjoyed the game even though we lost - usually it would dampen her mood for the rest of the day.

Today has been a lovely, lazy day - I think the only thing that got us out of bed was hunger and the thought of a full english! And on the subject of food, just because we can for the first time since we moved at the end of May, there's a joint of pork in the oven and I'm away now to prepare ALL the extras to go with it. (Of course because I said that the kitchen would be finished on Friday it isn't, but at least it's only the odds and ends of finishing off that needs doing. It is fully functional and I'm going to enjoy cooking this roast almost as much as I'll enjoy eating it)!

No comments: