Friday, September 08, 2006

How Long?

Ok, so I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth, life has taken over and I’m amazed at how long it is since I last posted something. They may not be much but the excuses for my absence are as follows;

Firstly my mum came to stay with us for a few days. I got to take some time off work and play the perfect hostess and tour guide. It’s the first time that my mum had met the wife and fortunately they seemed to get on great.

My second excuse is that work has been mad – I’ve had too much time off recently with the house and mums visit and everything seems to be happening now. They even managed to ship me off down south for a few days to 'network' - ugh!

Thirdly, the house! Kitchen is finished, just waiting for the walls to dry out from where the old pipes were leaking – it’s taking a while – then we can paint. The walls are stripped in the dining room, unfortunately half the wall came away with the paper on one wall but, as we’re putting new paper on we decided to have a go at fixing it ourselves. If we have to get a guy in to sort out the mess later we’ve not lost anything but if we can make a decent job of the plastering then we will have saved a few quid.

And lastly, but certainly not least, we have recently had not one but two new beds. And that is much more exciting than it sounds!

No comments: