Monday, January 22, 2007

Smelly

On Saturday morning I rifled through all of our cookery books looking for inspiration. Although I enjoy cooking, I'm not particularly creative in the kitchen. Having come up with a shopping list off we went to Asda. Whatever possessed us on a Saturday afternoon I'll never know. Despite being a 'Walmart Supercentre' they had nothing left. No leeks for leek and potato soup. No cauliflower. No decent bits of pork. No crusty bread. No apple filled donuts. All my dreams of cooking up a delicious dinner went out of the window and Sunday dinner was pasta and meatballs.

Imagine my delight when I walked through the door this evening to find the wife preparing beef in red wine (we'll ignore the fact that she used the last of my red wine for now), with all sorts of yummys in it. With mustard mash. And she found a cauli! I wish I could post smells here. It's not the only way, but it's true about the way to a girls heart being through her stomach!

No comments: