Saturday, January 27, 2007

Tasty

Our saturday morning routine has become a bit of a habit. We lie in bed watching the various cookery programmes on the TV, taking it in turns to run up and down the stairs with cup after cup of tea, until we get too hungry. At that point we relocate downstairs and finish of watching the food stuff with sausage/bacon sarnies. This morning was better than most Saturdays for two reasons - 1) Breakfast was bacon and cheese oatcakes with Oatcakes that I brought back from my last visit to my mum (can't get them in this part of the world) and 2) Rachel Allen on all morning, not just her own show but also on Saturday Kitchen. Every week she does something delicious that we want to try. The food - I mean the food! Well, mostly I mean the food! Her enthusiasm for the food and down to earth nature is fab and the Irish accent adds a certain something. In fact, as much as the wife might protest, I think we both find her rather tasty!

No comments: