Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Caution: Rant

My boss is an ignorant sod. Since I’m still working at a different site I spent last weekend working on something for him which has no place in my own project so that first thing Monday morning the results were on his desk. Did I get an email acknowledging this? Did I get any thanks? No. Nor did he see fit to tell me that he was going away for a 'few days' however many a few days are. So today I travel up and down the motorway to see him about various things only to be told he has gone I-don’t-know-where and won’t be back until next week sometime. So that was two hours of my day wasted, when I could have been doing something useful. I think he thinks that by telling us nothing we won’t notice he isn't there and so won't take the piss by arriving late and leaving early and taking three hours for lunch. If he trusted us, I might have got some work done today.

No comments: