Thursday, April 14, 2005

Money makes the word go round

I took my head out of the sand and checked my bank balance the other day for the first time in a while. Although I've still got some of the money I managed to save while I was still being paid it's going down fast. I have therefore been economising (i.e. have cut down on the wine, the more expensive stuff at least) and been keeping my eye open for a wee part time job that would give me some money while I finish my thesis (but at the same time allow me some time with the wife). So I have spent the afternoon writing all the crap necessary for an application to be an exam invigilator. And it has taken me all afternoon. I've done invigilation before and it is the most boring way to spend six hours a day but it pays well and needs must. Fingers crossed.

No comments: