Tuesday, July 19, 2005

About time

David Gray finally has a new album out in September and about time too! I do think however that his old stuff is better - Sell, Sell, Sell and A Century Ends are brilliant, more acoustic and a bit rough around the edges if you know what I mean.

The first concert I ever went to was David Gray (not including a Fast Forward Fun Day at Alton Towers back in the early 90's with the likes of Worlds Apart where I did the whole teenage girly scream thing for Aaron et al. In fact, I think their autographs are still in my old autograph book, hidden away at my parents place - shhh, don't tell anyone)!

Anyway, I digress. Must try and find some of this new stuff, see if there are any sneak previews out there, I've been waiting three years for David Gray to come up with something else.
______________________

Drunken ferry boat woman
swayin' on your sea
if I turn on the gasfire
by the rain rattled window
won't you sail on over to me

The hail storm tumbles
the rail line rumbles
you move through the doors with me
on an overcast day
the pale winter city
an afternoons debauchery

Debauchery - A Century Ends

No comments: