Monday, July 18, 2005

Back at it

Back to work today feeling refreshed and motivated - it can't last surely! Last week was great, a second childhood. Swimming, football, kite flying, swings, slides, sand castles, snots, tears, tantrums and lots of ice-cream (and that was just me). I think I enjoyed the water slides more than the kids, they were a perfect excuse to get away with all sorts! I even have a suntan, we did the right thing staying in the North-East rather than heading abroad. Unfortunately, the dog didn't enjoy his holiday quite as much (we had to leave him with friends), he is scratching constantly. Although scared of their cat he obviously wasn't so scared as to run away fast enough to avoid the fleas. I am wondering which are more trouble - kids or pets. While it was great to have them for a week, it was also nice to take them back to their parents at the end.

No comments: