Sunday, October 02, 2005

Disturbing the peace

There seems to be a craze among the kids around here for those mini-motorbikes and all weekend some of the local kids have been riding around and around on one. They pass the front of the house, then 15 seconds later pass the rear of the house as they go down the back lane. An entire loop takes about 40 seconds and this has been going on for hours. Not only are they illegal but they are dangerous - they are on the wrong side of the road going around blind corners (I've not really been hoping they meet a car coming in the opposite direction) and I dread to think what would happen if a small child went running from their house into the back lane as they passed.

I might have to go out there and do something to them shortly, so if I disappear from here for a while, look out for me on the news. A trip wire across the lane might work (about neck height - would decapitation result in a custodial sentence?). The wife is more in favour of a phone call to the local constabulary, but they are fairly useless.

Perhaps if I wasn't so tired and sick of working I wouldn't be so grouchy, but they've picked the wrong day to piss me off!

No comments: