Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Out

I have been outed by old friend 1 to old friend 2 and while this isn't a problem I would rather have outed myself. Just before telling me she knew that I'm gay and that the 'friend' I live with isn't just a 'friend' she invited herself to stay one night next week (she has a meeting up here the following day). Now I can't help thinking that she is only coming up to have a good old nosey around my life and all the details will then be regaled back to friend 1 (and to everyone else who ever new me). This still isn't a problem but her motives for the visit are questionable (I have done the same journey for a 10am meeting and made it on time by catching the early train - this is only the other end of the country, not the other end of the world).

When we all lived in London together (before I was out to anyone) we were in a bar one night and although there weren't many people in there, it was fairly obviously a gay bar. As soon as they realised we were out of there - I don't know what pissed me off more, leaving in a hurry because they were in a gay pub or having to leave half a drink. Hopefully their attitudes have changed but I resent being 'checked out' and then have my life gossiped about.

No comments: