Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Ring, ring

I could do with a new mobile phone. Well not a new phone as such but a new contract as the network I'm on doesn't have very good coverage either at home or at work and the calls I can make are costing me too much. The trouble is all I use my phone for is voice calls but none of the networks seem to consider this. The tariffs are all about hundreds of texts, so many megabytes of data and dozens of picture messages. All I want is a couple of hundred free minutes so I can listen to my mother every so often. And why can't I have a discount for wanting to keep my old phone not update to one of these new fancy phones that can do anything except wipe your arse for you. (Or have they release that one now?) And no I don't need a camera - the screen's too bloody small anyway. All I want to do is make the occasional phone call. (Actually, most of all I would like a simple 'ring ring' ringone).

Then again - with a better network, I'd have to come up with a better excuse than "Sorry mum, the reception's terrible, I'll call you in a couple of days".

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

Spot on! Lovely, lively blog.