Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bring me sunshine

It is a lovely, lovely day outside and I have discovered that looking out of
my 5th floor lab window I can see not only the fields with the cows happily
grazing but beyond that I can see planes on their final approach into the
airport. Which, for a plane spotter with multiple two minute incubations
during the course of any given experiment, is perfect (two minutes is too
short to do anything useful other than play solitaire and in the absence of
a lab computer the window is an ideal substitute. However, if there were to
be a computer in the lab I would now be able to visit the live flight
information on the airports website and find out exactly where each plane
has come from). I just spent five minutes enjoying the sunshine and talking
to the wife on the phone after a successful experiment. Not even the person
who let the door slam in my face or the person who ignored me holding the
door for them could dampen my mood, but why do people have to be so goddamn
rude!

No comments: