Monday, May 08, 2006

Panic

It's been one of those days - just one thing after another and too much to do with too little time to do it. An annual review at work has allowed my boss to dump a whole heap of work on me. I was probably going to end up doing it eventually but now I'm going to be doing it on his terms (and his time scales) rather than my own. Then the wife tells me that we have to be moved in two weeks, she has a tenant lined up who needs her house then. Not a problem in terms of packing (who'd have thought two people could own so much junk), we did a lot over the weekend. But, having decided to decorate one of the bedrooms we also had to finish continue that and on moving the bed we discovered a hole in the floor that needs sorting. Add to that the incompetent mortgage advisor and the ridiculous amount of information the building society want and two weeks seems a bit optimistic. As the wife said, it doesn't matter, the shop round the corner is selling tents at half price. I just can't see how the wife, the dog, me and all our belongings will fit in a three-person tent!

No comments: