Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Still not moving

I actually made a start on packing, although there is still no date for the move. The wife had to work on Saturday so I took the opportunity to empty and dismantle a wardrobe so that one of the bedrooms can be decorated before it is let out. After multiple trips to B&Q (DIY is what bank holidays were made for after all) I was fully equiped with a new saw, several lengths of wood, half a ton of nails and a large tin of paint. I know wood cladding is kind of out of fashion but it will make it easier to tidy up after tenants move out and we made a good job of it, even if I do say so myself. Or at least it will be once it's finished. The tenant thing seemed to be going well but the bloke who had wanted this place turned up on Sunday morning saying he had changed his mind. We think we will probably put it in the hands of an agent. It's all so frustrating, the whole business of moving seems to be going so slowly. It's almost a year since we started looking into moving and three months now since we offered on the house. Initially we had hoped to me moving this weekend but we still don't even have a date for exchanging contracts. I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall, but at the moment it's the wrong brick wall!

No comments: