Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Itchy and Scratchy

The Grandkid has got headlice! I only discovered this after spending time with her sat on my knee, playing computer games. Now I can't stop scratching. The wife and I have been inspecting each others heads and can't see anything but I'm still feeling itchy. I spent last night getting nudged if I dared stray too close to the wifes pillow then I turned over this morning and wrapped myself around her, only to be told "I hope your head's not too close". The kid was supposed to be staying with us tonight but she won't sleep on her own, she has to sleep with her nan. Her nan isn't having any of it and is now feeling guilty for rejecting her own grandchild! I on the other hand am going to book a hair appointment - I'm going short.

2 comments:

SassyFemme said...

I hate to tell you this, but kids (and adults) with short hair get them, too. Every year there's an outbreak or two or three at school. Kids of all hair lengths get them. You just have to clean the kids hair really well w/the special shampoo, comb out every nit, and treat your home/car and everything the kid came in contact with. Have their parents check their hair at least weekly. There's usually at least one or two kids at school with chronic cases of it.

Holly said...

Apparently it's rife at the school at the moment! Everywhere has been fumigated but I think I'll stay at arms length for a while lol. And I need a hair cut anyway!