Sunday, November 05, 2006

One of those days

I thought Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest! After a morning spent cleaning and washing it was off to a grandkids birthday party where I made the mistake of sitting on the floor (I was trying to be polite and let the other big people have the chairs). Of course once one of the little people discovered that it was fun to jump on me and launch a balloon attack they all decided it was fun. Then it was back home to finish off the crap I didn't get chance to do at work last week.

The best bit of today? Hearing that the wifes son told her that I'm part of the family. I was always worried that being virtually the same age as the wifes kids and moving in just as they moved out, that they might have a problem with me. It's good to have this adopted family, I've been made to feel welcome and really do feel like part of the family. And even if they do inflict pain at times, I adore all of the grandkids (and the kids aren't too bad either)!

No comments: