Saturday, November 25, 2006

Wild life

The day started at about 5 this morning when we each realised that we were both wide awake and things rapidly descended into a state of giggles. Yet today was one of those days when a good nights sleep would have been the preferred preparation - we had three of the grandkids for the day, ages 3, 4 and 6. The idea was that we'd take them out into the country, feed the ducks and run around to expel some energy and the wife spent the morning putting together a yummy picnic. Of course the kids had already had a McDonald's by the time they arrived so weren't interested in lunch but they enjoyed the rest of it. For me the highlight had to be the 6 year old saying "wow, I've never seen a horse in real life before" as we stepped aside to let two horses pass. I don't think their parents ever take them anywhere yet we had travelled less than 10 minutes out of town. They, and I, had a great time - there is something special about doing this sort of thing.

I did have to bow out early however to get my hair chopped - I only go when I have to so I've been cropped and the draft around the back of my neck is strangely enjoyable. And me being the fool I am arranged all of this despite Scotlands last match in the Autumn tests being on this afternoon - fortunately the Aussies beat us, otherwise I might have been upset. Phew, is it bedtime yet.

No comments: