Friday, December 15, 2006

Bass

Last night the wife did us sea bass and Mediterranean roasted vegetables - thrown together from the contents of the cupboards and fridge. Today was our departmental Christmas lunch and I went for the sea bass (ordered last week before knowing what we were eating last night). So of the two meals, one costing less than £4 for the two of us or the one meal for £15, guess which was the nicest? It's not just that I'm prejudiced by that fact that my wife prepared last nights meal with her own fair hands. I paid good money for shite today and if there's one thing I hate it's a meal that I don't enjoy, whether I'm paying for it or not. Food is one of lifes great pleasures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're not very good cooks, we lack diversity, but I know what you mean about paying more for a meal than it tastes worth! That's what depresses us about our small town life - there are no really good local restaurants, there are just lots of chain places where the food is mediocre.

It's hard explaining to people who have only had chain food what's so lacking about it.

Beth

Holly said...

It's increasingly difficult to find decent places to eat out round here so I can sympathise with your situation. And I certainly lack diversity, it's the wife who can work miracles in the kitchen!