Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holidays are here (almost)

I have finished work for Christmas. I can't remember the last time I finished this early. Further more, the university is closed until the 3rd of January so I don't even have the choice of going to work until then. It gets better. We closed at lunch time today (unfortuantely that meant that the Christmas drinks were at 10.30 this morning and as much as I enjoy the odd glass of wine not even I could manage it at that time of the day) giving me time to hit the shops. One hour and fifteen minutes later I was heading home with as many bags as I could carry and very little left to get. That's what I would call a successful shopping trip.

I also remembered today why I leave my shopping until the last minute. We finally got around to getting a tree but had no decorations to put on it - lights, baubles and tinsel all at half price. And two giant stockings to fill with little things for the kids (of any age) to dip into whenever they come to visit. Tree now up and twinkling away in the corner, just waiting for those presents to be wrapped to go around the bottom. It's starting to feel like Christmas around here.

No comments: