Thursday, December 14, 2006

Let me catch up

At a time when most people are decorating their homes with all things festive we are still decorating with wallpaper and paint. The aim was to have the downstairs finished by Christmas and we are determined to do so (not least because it means we can get a wardrobe up in the downstairs bedroom - we haven't had a wardrobe since we moved in May and I still have two suitcases full of my winter clothes that I'm getting desperate to unpack). People keep giving us Christmas cards and telling me how they are all ready for Christmas. I've only bought one thing for one of the six kids and not even managed to get anything yet for the Secret Santa at work tomorrow. This weekend Christmas has to start in our house, regardless of whether we are ready or not. I mean it's not as if we haven't known it was going to be happening for a while now!

No comments: