Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Pain and Pleasure

I have to speak at a conference soon so I spent the day working at home on my presentation. Inevitably I ended up going out for lunch with the wife and fighting with powerpoint before giving up and taking my frustrations out on the carpets. All rooms except for the two upstairs bedrooms are getting new carpets in a few days so the rearranging of boxes (still unpacked), furniture and piles of junk has started in preparation. We also have an electrician in tomorrow and he needs to pull up floorboards, hence the pulling up of carpets today. Like everything else in this house, that particular carpet is so old that it isn't one whole piece but is several strips sewn together and surely didn't need quite so many nails. We're also in a mad panic trying to get all of the messy jobs finished before the new carpets go down - the last thing I want is to splash paint or plaster or ANYTHING on the new floors, my life would not be worth living. Last night I was busy trying to repair some plasterwork so the wife took it upon herself to do dinner - home grown salad followed by homemade apple pie. I refer you to my last post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd say the dinner makes it all worth it!

Beth