Monday, October 02, 2006

Deep Breaths

This morning I had to go to the doctors for a review of my medication (I'm taking meds to control my blood pressure). One of the drugs I'm on shouldn't be taken in pregnancy so every time I see the doc she reminds me of this and asks me what form of contraception I use. When I reply that it's not an issue she assumes I'm 'not sexually active' and that if that changes I should go and see the nurse about contraception. Why I don't just come out to her I don't know, but at least she didn't start asking about smear tests. Is it any wonder that every time I enter the surgery my BP goes rocketing up. Systolic started off topping 200 (ideally it should be below 120). After five attempts it was coming down but still far too high considering the meds I'm on. Trying to stay calm at the docs has become such an issue for me that the complete opposite happens and now I'm betting that they won't let me go antoher year before I have to go back and be tortured some more.

No comments: