Tuesday, August 23, 2005

More choices

The harbour house has moved down the list of possible new abodes. Yes the location is fantastic, especially on a gorgeous, warm, sunny August evening. But this is the North East and we don't get huge numbers of days like that. We do get a fair bit of cold, damp days however and summer or winter (especially winter) we can go for several days hidden in the fog coming in off the sea. Besides which, in the house itself there isn't even room to swing a cat. Not that we have a cat (although I keep saying we should get one, our family is supposed to include a cat isn't it?), but you never know when you might need the room for swinging a cat. It is right at the top of our budget as well and what's the point in spending that much on a house if there isn't even the room for a greenhouse.

May favorite house now has a sold sign up outside which has cured my obsession and I haven't driven past since! I thought I would be gutted about not getting it, I really liked this place, but I'm not. It's obviously not meant to be.

Tonight we're going to see four more houses. One of them is a viewing with an estate agent we met a few weeks ago and I'm dreading it. She is so strange, I struggled to keep a straight face, we had to visit each room in a particular order - I dread to think what would have happened had we gone the wrong way. As for telling her we weren't interested, we didn't dare!

No comments: