Monday, January 30, 2006

Work rant

The hours at work are quite flexible, hence I aim to be in around 9.30
(usually it's closer to 10 by the time I've found a parking space) and stay
usually until after 6 (unless I have mis-timed the lab work or things have
gone wrong, then it's later). This works for me as 9-5 would mean spending
twice as much time sitting in traffic - by the time I leave work the roads
are empty and I can fly home. For others here, the arrival time varies but
the 5pm departure is set in stone. Half hour coffee breaks morning and
afternoon, 90 minute lunch breaks and they still manage to be out by 5! If I
hear one more wisecrack about not being able to get out of bed and my late
arrivals I will personally chain them to my bench and point out to them the
time I spend in the break room and the time at which I down tools and leave.
And would the person who stole my mug from the cupboard please return it
before I need my next caffeine fix at about 3pm - (not even the layer upon
layer of tea stains has put them off taking it).

No comments: