Saturday, February 18, 2006

Ice Ice Baby

A quiet week blogging because I've been busy at work (watching the live streaming of the Olympics on the BBC website). The only problem I'm having is that the last couple of Winter Olympics have been in different time zones meaning that we had to watch most of it late at night. Not only do I have to miss most of the events this time round as I'm at work, but some of the stranger events aren't quite so fascinating to watch over breakfast as they are after a few beers.

I wouldn't mind having a go at the luge (but not the skeleton - the head looks very vulnerable hurtling down the ice in front at great speed). And as for that snowboard cross, it's almost as exciting as the curling (but fancy celebrating winning before the finish line and the falling over - I'm sure that won't keep cropping up on 'what happened next')! I'd better go and make sure the beers are chilling as it's GB vs Norway in the curling in half an hour!

No comments: