Thursday, February 22, 2007

Shopping Trips

This evening we had to go shopping. I just wanted to be in and out of the shop whereas the wife likes to browse. So having negotiated isle one, I started heading off down isle three, only to have the wife root herself to the spot and shout after me "where do you think you're going? We've not done this isle yet and you can't be sick already." I never get away with that trick but I just can't help trying, and a big grin in the wife's direction always speeds her up a bit.

Which reminds me of our shopping trip on Saturday when the wife bumped into an old friend. The conversation started off well enough but, within a couple of minutes I was listening to this woman talk about giving birth and the number of stiches she needed and various infections she's had 'down below.' Nice to meet you, but we're in the middle of a supermarket and I was about to choose something for dinner!

No comments: