Saturday, February 17, 2007

Differences

Today the age difference in our relationship became apparent. The Wife and I were outside planning the garden and measuring up for the vegetables. I worked out the optimal width for each of the raised beds in the veggie plot, allowing for paths and borders, and marked them out with canes. The Wife was pleased with the amount of space available for planting and brandishing the tape-measure, asked how high the raised beds should be. Of course I was working in cm and the Wife was working in feet making for a very confused conversation - 2ft vs 50 cm - or in the end 1ft or 30cm seemed a logical conclusion, I'm sure inches came into it somewhere but I couldn't figure it out. Now we just have to hope that B&Q sell the right sized timber and label it appropriately.

No comments: