Wednesday, February 28, 2007

House Hunting (Again)

The other day we went to view a house - almost a year to the day since we agreed to buy our current home. But we're not looking to move. For years we have been talking about investing in property (blame Sarah Beeny) so this is nothing new, we tried to buy a place four years ago but missed out by just a few quid (the same house sold recently for over twice the original price, having been renovated and rented out).

The agents details for the latest house said it needed a "full scheme of modernisation". We came out saying it needed pulling down and rebuiling. In one room I felt like I was about to go through the floor and the walls didn't look much healthier. We've seen a few renovation jobs but that was in the worst state I've ever seen. And some poor old person had been living in it until relatively recently by the looks of it. I think for the moment we are going to stick to decorating the guest bedroom here and worry about my retirement fund later!
(Yes it is all about making money. With the wife being so much nearer to retirement than I am, I'm looking for an alternative income so that we can then enjoy retirement together).

No comments: