Friday, March 10, 2006

D'oh

Lack of posts = busy few days. Things are taking off at work and I seem to
have spent most of this week in meetings. For the first time I'm really
starting to feel that I know what I'm talking about and am not afraid to put
my hand up and have my say. The one think I'm not getting any better at is
remembering names. The other day I found myself 'networking' (hate that
word) and talking to a guy who was very interesting and seemed interested in
my project (perhaps he was just being polite). Anyway, one thing lead to
another as they do in these situations and he might be interested in
collaborating in the future. It was only the following day that I worked out
that actually he is one of the people who first described the whole field
I've been working on for the last four years and a couple of his papers I
cite just about every time I talk about my work! Do you ever have one of
those moments when you just want to kick yourself for being a bit slow on
the uptake?

No comments: