Thursday, March 23, 2006

Headaches

Ask any researcher and they are likely to say that funding issues are one of their biggest headaches. We have just found out that one of our applications has been turned down - two of the reviewers liked our work and said the grant should be given but the third claimed that the technology doesn't work and we won't get results. We are already getting results and showed some of the preliminary data in the application. It makes me question his motives. He's probably one of these old guys who doesn't trust the new techniques. There is a nice permanant job advertised just up the road which sounds appealing. If something similar comes up in two years time I might be tempted to sell my soul to the devil and make the jump into industry. Then again, I probably won't. I enjoy the freedom I have to do my own thing.

No comments: