Friday, March 31, 2006

Food glorious food

Every so often I forget that no matter how long past lunch time it has got
without eating, no matter how hungry I am, food from the hospital snack shop
will never taste good. Ever. Food is one of lifes pleasures and I always
feel cheated when it's no good. Minted lamb and chargrilled parsnips on
malted bread sounded good at the time but is a mistake I will never make
again. And I could have got half a starter at my favorite restaurant for the
same price.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, even the cafeteria in the hospital has food that tastes like "hospital food". But at least there are a couple of places close enough to get to and back during my lunchtime!

Beth

Holly said...

So hospital food is the same everywhere! I would take my own lunch to work with me but that requires forward planning and valuable time in the morning!

Anonymous said...

Yep!

Beth