Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Time Goes By

What happened to the last few days? It's Wednesday again already. I blame it on the clocks going forward and that lost hour. It's nice not to be woken so early by the sun streaming through the curtains and even nicer to be driving home in the daylight. Last night was chaos on the roads due to the
Big Strike and then some idiot causing an 'incident' on another major route. I sat in my car going nowhere fast but actually quite enjoyed it. The sun was shining and there was some good music on the radio - it was nice to HAVE to sit there and do nothing.

As for the strike itself, I don't see why council workers shouldn't have to work until they're 65. As life expectancy increases so should the retirement age be raised. I was actually quite shocked to hear that 26% of the council tax we pay is used to pay the pensions of former council employees. With all the fuss about rocketing council tax they should wait until 65 to get the full pension!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We change our clocks this coming weekend, the states that partcipate. I wish we'd just leave them alone.

But, according to a book I read about the history of daylight savings time, it's all New York City's fault!

Beth