Monday, June 13, 2005

Dysfunctional

I now officially have something more interesting than chicken pox in my medical records, a dysfunctional liver. After months of tests my GP has decided that I do have Gilbert's Syndrome and let's face it, if I have to have a syndrome this seems like a good one to have as I don't have any symptoms (as far as I am aware). Although it could explain why I need at least 8 hours sleep a night and regular feeding - well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! (And perhaps Gilberts is why it takes me a 24 hours to recover after a whole bottle of cheap wine - but this hypothesis needs more testing) Apparently as it's an inherited hyperbilirubinemia which means that I may occasionally go yellow and can blame my mother/father and not the cheap wine. I appreciate that some people may experience unpleasant symptoms but this site does seem a bit like hypochondriacs reunited and scared the poo out of me at first. I will however, just this once, trust my GP when she tells me it is harmless.

No comments: