Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ashes

Am I the only person in the country not bothered about the cricket? I just can't get excited about a game that lasts five days and still ends in a draw! It's not as if it was even a fantastic victory, from what I've heard, Australia were beaten by the weather rather than any fantastic play from England. I may be sounding unpatriotic here but lets get things into perspective. There was all this hype when England won the rugby world cup two years ago and look what happened to them. They've done nothing since and all those fair-weather rugby fans are now die-hard cricket fans! And I suppose next summer will be full of football fever - providing England can qualify for the world cup at all! Personally I can't wait for the Winter Olympics and the Curling - no honestly, I love watching the Curling. Sweeeeeeeepppp!

No comments: