Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Rant no. 3

I didn't panic buy - I needed to put petrol in my car this week so I did it yesterday, before everyone else did it would seem. I didn't buy more than normal, I always fill the tank (it's only a little tank). The wife also bought petrol yesterday (again need, not panic) and I couldn't believe that the first place we went to had no fuel left. I was even more amused to read that people are stocking up on food as well! The plan as I understand it, is not to blockade refineries but simply to protest about the tax amount of tax we pay on fuel. And quite right too! Almost half the cost of petrol is tax. I get frustrated with the majority of the car journeys I make. I could use public transport to get (most of the way) to work but it would take me twice as long, is dirty and unreliable and costs as much as driving. Visiting my parents can take twice as long as it should do because of congestion on the M1 but is still quicker and cheaper than taking the train (or three trains as the case may be).

------------

Okay, three rants in one day is maybe too much. I have a target to write so many words each day and this is the only way I will make it today!!

No comments: