Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hot and Bothered

My laptop has a habit of crashing once it has decided that it has been on for too long. I think it might be overheating, perhaps I should read the destruction manual. If that is the case it may need regular breaks, like myself. The trouble is that I do take regular breaks (okay, irregular but frequent breaks) but spend such breaks on the computer - reading/writing blogs, playing SuDoku etc. The other day I took 5 minutes out to send the wife an email. She was only downstairs but I thought it was a romantic gesture. Our first ever dance was to Van Morrisons Have I told you lately... So in this email I simply asked her that same question. To which the reply came in the form of a shout up the stairs "told me what"? This has to be the only fault my woman has but I often have to tell her that she doesn't have a romantic bone in her body. This morning I told her I love her and her reply was "do you think these new cushions go with the rest of the bedding"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Told me what?" That's too funny. My Nerdstar doesn't have a romantic bone in her body either - and rubbing our bodies together hasn't seemed to transfer my romantic side to hers :-)

Beth
bethmauldin.com

Holly said...

It may all be futile but it's good fun trying! But then would we want them any other way?