Sunday, November 06, 2005

I have a life (sort of)

I finished my Phd thesis last week and got it submitted - all I have to do now is wait for the viva - joy! I have spent all weekend feeling guilty thinking that I should be working, instead I have had a life! Two days running we have been out for lunch, last night we went with a small child to a firework display, complete with fairground rides and most of today has been spent with my nose in a book. This however was not the type of book I am used to - this was a piece of fiction! Actually it wasn't, it was Gladys Reunited by Sandi Toksvig - a v funny read, but more biographical than fiction, including lots of stuff about American history. Next something really trashy. But to finish the weekend, a bath and a bottle of wine for the pair of us - time to get our life back.

No comments: