Thursday, November 24, 2005

Where am I?

The footie was terrible at the weekend - both teams played badly but my old team won. At the end the wife got into a heated argument (i.e. nearly a full on fight) with another woman who told her that she should shut up and not bother coming back. The wife is a very passionate supporter and as well as getting behind the team towards the end she was also telling them just how bad they were (which the commentator on the match highlights that night also pointed out). This other woman obviously thought that this isn't on and took her frustration out on my other half. We seemed to be seated among a group of regulars, forming a little clique and the presence of us strangers didn't go down to well. Being made to feel uncomfortable amongst your fellow supporters is enough to put you off going, especially at the price of the tickets. My day just got better on returning home and news of a family crisis reached me, hence my absence from here over the last few days. But that's a story for another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate when people suck!

Beth