Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A tale of two houses

We had to go into town this morning so I popped into the estate agents selling the house we have the offer on, just to see if they had a detail sheet for it yet (they don't and we're hoping as we offered so quickly they won't bother). As I was browsing for our little would-be palace I overheard a phone call to a Mrs Banks, the same name as the people we are hoping to buy from, at which my ears pricked. The agent said he had had another offer of £160K but still had to sell their home and was this similar to the other offer they had. If it is the same Mrs Banks then it is similar but slightly higher than our offer, which they were happy to accept. If it is the same Mrs Banks then both us and the other people wanting our would-be palace have to sell houses before being able to proceed. What are the chances of there being two Mrs Banks selling a house in the same price range with the same estate agents?


UPDATE at 15.45: The couple who viewed here the other night want to come back later this week for a second look in the daylight. The problem I have with this is that for the next 72 hours the wife will be cleaning, tidying and generally getting stressed while I keep track of how many times I get told off for leaving my shoes/cup/body lying around! Bless her!

No comments: