Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Thoughts on today

I have developed a bit of a habit of talking to myself as I work. Now this
is fine when I'm locked away at home with only the dog to disturb but back
at work I'm wondering how long it's going to be before I get told to "shut
the f*** up". I prefer working at home for other reasons as well. 1) free
coffee (I haven't paid any tea money recently and daren't risk pinching even
a tea bag) 2) I got out of bed at 8.30am and still didn't start work until
nearly 10.00 and 3) the reason for 2) was that it took me 20 minutes to find
somewhere to park and there is no guaruntee that when I return to my car it
will still have four wheels and all windows in tact. I wouldn't mind so much
if they would steal the whole car as the insurance would pay towards a nice
shiny new one, but the locals aren't clever enough to get it started!

2 comments:

creepylesbo said...

Yes. I keep catching myself about to sing on London transport - which would be fine if I was black and could do that Coke advert thing - but whenever I'm about to sing along it's always to the Bear In The Big Blue House soundtrack and I'm SURE the passengers wouldn't appreciate a rendition of 'Take some time to smell the cheese' or 'What's that smell?' or 'Rub a dub dub everybody in the tub'.

Holly said...

From what I remember of London transport you should blend in quite nicely. Go on, be that nutter that everyone pretends not to notice!