Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

I should have known when I made the appointment that going to the doctors on Friday the 13th was a bad idea. At least she didn't take my blood pressure, I think after the readings two weeks ago she's realised that she will never get a sensible result from me in her office - instead we will review it in three months. All of the blood tests I had done last week came back normal (including the Guilbert's screen so she still can't decide if I do or don't have it) but my cholesterol is at the higher end of normal. She also made me get on the scales, complete with boots, jeans, chunky jumper and pockets full of junk like keys, purse, phone then told me that if I'm 5'6 I'm overweight, if I'm 5'8 im normal weight (she didn't want to measure my height). I'm certainly not 5'8 and even 5'6 might be debatable. So she sent me packing with instructions to drink less, eat a low fat diet, exercise more and to come back just after christmas to see how I'm getting on. I think the woman likes to see me suffer!

No comments: