Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Umph

I'm suffering from a complete lack of energy today. It took me nearly an hour to drag myself out of bed this morning and that was after nine hours shut-eye. I then spent the morning 'working from home' before mustering the energy to get to work (only to get here and want to disappear under my labcoat and sniffle and sob quietly for no apparent reason). I just want to be at home curled up on the sofa in sloppy clothes, with a big plate of comfort food - the wifes yummy cottage pie would do nicely - and watch a nice easy going film (something like When Harry met Sally or Dirty Dancing would suffice) whilst getting sympathetic looks from the dog.
 
There is no reason for this behaviour and I'm simply going to pull myself together, stop being feeble and get on with some work, then go home and pamper the wife who has had a hellish couple of days and is the one who deserves the sympathy.

1 comment:

SassyFemme said...

Some days are just like that. Sometimes it's better just to stay home, if you've got the sick/personal time.