Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Time Flies

It can't be Tuesday already! I spent the weekend trying to be domesticated by grocery shopping (twice because I'm not very good at shopping), cooking good food, scrubbing floors and tidying up the garden. Everything has died back out there apart from the roses which have been going all summer and are still surprising us. The lady who lived here before loved her roses. I'm trying to get some flowers flowering over winter but it's all a bit experimental (i.e. I don't really have a clue what I'm doing).

Work is busy at the moment, projects which need me at my desk have landed at the same time as work in the lab is keeping me busy and I've been given the task of introducing the new guy to the equipment. While he has far more experience of the techniques than me he has never used the type of equipment we have so I'm never quite sure if I'm not going into enough detail or going into too much detail. And then there is always the chance that actually I'm talking a load of bollocks and telling him the wrong thing entirely. At least he seems like a nice guy and it will be good to have someone else working on the same sort of project as me for a change. Up until now it's just been me and I feel like I'm expected to know everything but now I'll have someones brains to pick.

No comments: