Sunday, December 11, 2005

Food for thought

There is something disappointing about having a meal and not enjoying it. The wife and I love our food but this can sometimes become a problem. Today we had a break from the Sunday roast and got loads of stuff to go in a stir-fry. Lovely, until we opened a jar of sauce which kind of spoilt it. I hate spending time preparing lovely ingredients only to not enjoy the finished meal, I feel cheated and totally not satisfied!

To cheer things up a bit we have put up some decorations, although I'm still not feeling the christmas cheer. I am however finding it amusing when things keep falling down making the wife jump up to stick them back up again - it won't go on for much longer, super-strength sticky tape will be used once the novelty wears off! I'll be less amused if it pulls the paint of the recently painted walls. And candlelight is very romantic (but I hope the wax doesn't go go all over the new mantlepiece) Never mind, come boxing day I'll have changed my mind and be full of the spirit of the season! Now where did I put those chocolate tree decorations...?

No comments: