Sunday, December 04, 2005

Physical and mental anguish!

We were going to go away for a romantic weekend together this weekend but took one look at the weather forecast and decided to have a romantic weekend at home. The wife has a cold so hit the whiskey last night (for medicinal purposes of course) and it turned into one of those up half the night talking sessions. However judging by the muscles that are aching today it was the other half of the night that we enjoyed even more. Perhaps I'm not as fit as I thought I was!

Tomorrow I officially start my new job. The advantage over most new jobs is that I am still working in the same place as I have been for the last four years. As this means that I don't have to go through all the stress associated with being a newbie I can focus all my anxieties onto the fact that I should now know what I'm talking about. There is no longer the excuse of "I'm only a student so you can't expect me to know that yet" but I'm still not quite sure of what's expected of me as a post-doc. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before people work out that I don't really have a clue!

No comments: